Maintaining a strong and vibrant community is important to us at the Kicking Horse Ford. We live here and work here, as do our customers, which is why we continue to sponsor and support events and organizations throughout the community. We invite you to submit a request on behalf of your community organization or event to our Sponsorship and Donations Committee for consideration.
Each year, Kicking Horse Ford receives many requests for support and sponsorship from important and very worthwhile organizations in our community. Decisions on whether to fund or sponsor are based on several factors including our available resources and funding priorities.
Please keep in mind that even though your request may meet our various funding criteria, we may be unable to approve all applications due simply to the high volume of submissions we receive.
To help you complete and submit your request quickly and properly, please review the following guidelines:
All requests must be submitted in writing to:
Kicking Horse Ford
Box 221 Golden, BC V0A 1H0
or e-mailed to email@example.com
The Committee will review all requests on a monthly basis and provide a response in writing within 4-6 weeks of submission. Please make sure your request is complete and properly submitted to avoid delays. If your request is in support of a major community event, please submit your request 9-12 months in advance. All other requests should be submitted as far in advance of the event as possible – preferably, at least 2 months.
For annual or ongoing support, we ask that you submit a request each year to us for review. We also ask that you make clear whether you are requesting a charitable donation or a sponsorship:
- Charitable donations are funds we provide to registered charities for which tax receipts are issued. – To ensure a quick and fair review of your charitable donation request, please include the following information:
- Charitable organization tax registration or official designation number
- Contact information for the charity including address, phone, fax, etc. as well as name and title of contact person
- Designate whether the charity is National, Regional, or Local
- Amount of donation requested and the purpose of the donation
- A statement on the impact of requested donation
- Overall priority(s) of the organization
- Primary goals of the organization
Sponsorships are partnerships that we form with other organizations for marketing purposes. Our committee selects sponsorship opportunities based on how they reflect or support Kicking Horse Ford’s business priorities and values.
To ensure a quick and fair review of your request, please include the following information:
- Name and contact information of the organization/company
- Description of organization/company and event or sponsorship opportunity
- Details about the Organizing Committee
- Whether the event is new or established, and if so, for how long?
- Is this a one time opportunity or ongoing
- Designate whether the opportunity is National, Regional, or Local
- Amount and type of sponsorship being offered, i.e. cash, in-kind or combination
- Other sponsor names and level of commitment
Thank you to all the volunteers and organizations who make our community a better place to live!